Makeup Tips for Cancer Patients
If you, a family member, or a friend has ever gone through the long process of cancer treatments, you can certainly agree that one of the hardest parts of the ordeal is getting used to looking at yourself in the mirror – don’t let cancer have power over your beauty! Our professional team of hair loss experts and stylists have come together to share our makeup tips for women with cancer. For more information, please visit newporthairlosscenter.com or contact us today.
Makeup Tips and Tricks:
– During chemotherapy, it’s common to develop sensitive skin due to radiation. In order to quickly reduce flaky, dry skin, try washing your face with a creamy face wash rather than an exfoliating face scrub. After washing your face, apply a thin layer of light moisturizer on your cheeks, chin, nose, forehead, and gently blend. Be sure to always use SPF 25 or HIGHER sunscreen if you’re spending time outdoors. Another great idea is to carry a small travel-size sunscreen in your purse or car!
– Cancer treatment can often change your skin tone. Most women think the foundation is the first step in a makeup routine. However, concealer is highly recommended to cover up any spots or dark circles.
– One of the most common difficulties women have is coping with the loss of hair – this includes eyelashes and eyebrows. Try an eyebrow pencil in the shade of your current hair or wig color. Use feathery, light, short and upward strokes to imitate the look of hair.
– Cancer treatments can sometimes increase the chances of catching an infection. Therefore, it’s important to keep hygiene as the top priority. Remember to wash your hands before and after using any products. Use clean q-tips, cotton balls, swabs or sponge applicators instead of your hands.
Hair Tips and Tricks:
– Don’t be afraid of the changes coming your way – there are still several options when it comes to hair. For instance, wigs are currently trending for all women around the world. Just like you would for other big investments, make sure to do some research before purchasing a wig. Bring a friend in for support! Believe it or not, you CAN make wig shopping exciting and fun. Custom made wigs are available (see here for more details) to meet each individual’s style and needs. From different shades of colors, style, cuts to lightweight hair toppers for an extra “oomph” to your look, try contacting a hair loss professional today.
– Style it up! There is no good reason you need to stick with just one wig. Get a variety of styles and colors to fit the occasion. You can even “add-on” to your already-amazing wig by purchasing hair toppers, real European hair extensions, or even cute bangs.
– Take good care of your investment. Your wig is an important part of your everyday life. It gives the right confidence boost you need to push yourself through everyday tasks. Consider using hair care products that are specially formulated to keep your wig(s) in the best shape possible. Normal shampoos and conditioners contain harsh ingredients such as Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, and Parabens – it’s always best to go natural when it comes to personal care products.