STOP HAIR THINNING – WOMEN
The clock is always against you when it comes to hair loss or hair thinning. Stress, aging, diet, and many other factors can lead to hair loss. Let’s face it, hair loss is not an easy thing to come to grips with. Here are a few tips on how to slow down hair loss!
- Always use conditioner. Damaged hair equals brittle hair which is weaker and more likely to thin
- Get rid of that high ponytail. High ponytails or any hairstyle that causes stress on your hair follicles can lead to traction alopecia.
- Eat more protein. Healthy proteins like fish, red meat and eggs can help keep your hair healthy.
- Look after your scalp and don’t let it get dry! Once the cheap solution is pure coconut oil. Apply it before bed and wash it out in the morning.
- Test for vitamin deficiencies and have your Thyroid checked if you feel your hair loss is untreatable. Vitamins B12 and Vitamin D are vitamin deficiencies most commonly linked to hair loss.
- Increase your iron. Vegetarianism, heavy periods, and excessive exercise can cause low iron levels which is one of the most common causes of hair loss in younger women.
- Make sure to have a healthy lifestyle. If you haven’t noticed there’s been a theme to NHLC’s posts and that is a healthy lifestyle!